Seared tuna and flower sprout stir fry
A refined twist on an oriental theme brings great flavour combinations but still a simple, remarkably quick-to-cook recipe.
2 tuna steaks
2tsp sesame oil
2cm ginger (grated)
1 garlic clove (finely diced)
160g flower sprouts, trimmed and halved
1tbsp sesame seeds
1tbsp dark soy sauce
2 spring onions cut into 4cm lengths and finely sliced sideways
- Rub the tuna steaks with a little of the sesame oil and season on both sides.
- In a hot frying pan griddle cook the steaks for 1 minute on each side (or a little more if you prefer it cooked through). Remove the steaks from the pan and set aside to rest.
- In a wok or large frying pan heat the remaiing oil and tip in the broccoli, ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes then add the flower sprouts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the veg are tender. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and stir through then squeeze over the juice of half the lime and the soy. Give a final stir then divide between two plates.
- Slice the tuna into thick slices then lay it on top of the stir fry. Top with the spring onions and a wedge of lime.