Roasted Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine with Broad Beans and Feta Cheese
This is one of those dishes which makes you think, this is so simple, why haven’t I served it before?! It’s colourful, fresh and light and will accompany chicken, beef or pork. If you have large white bistro-style bowls, you can increase the quantities and serve up individual portions to make this salad look really contemporary. Use frozen baby broad beans if you can’t get hold of fresh broad beans.
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4.
2. Place the cherry tomatoes on the vine in an ovenproof dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the skins start to split.
3. Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in boiling water for 5-7 minutes or until tender and drain. Slip out of their skins.
4. Place in a serving bowl, crumble over the feta cheese and scatter with the leaves from the fresh thyme. Season well and drizzle with the olive oil.
5. Carefully place the cherry tomatoes on top and serve warm.